Participant and spectator parking:
Located one block south of the race entrance, at the intersection of Center Rd and US Hwy 101 in Quilcene. Follow the signs! Scroll down for map to parking.
Start/finish line and participant “chute”:
Located right next to the Quilcene Museum, just steps from the Linger Longer Outdoor Theater, 151 East Columbia Street (at Center Road) in Quilcene, WA. ~ View Map ~
Water & Aid Stations and Toilets:
Our water stations start at mile 1.5 and will be every one and a half miles until the end. We have four aid stations. There will be at least three portable toilets on the course, and many at the start/finish line.
If you are pre-registered you can pick up your packet Friday evening from 4-6 pm at Worthington Park off Columbia street in Quilcene.
You can also pick them up after 7am Saturday morning. You will have a bib and number. Everyone is chip timed by AASports.
Medals & T Shirts:
Everyone finishing the run will receive a medal and t shirt. Everyone registered by the 14 of September will be guaranteed a tee shirt race day.
We will have more than enough shirts for registered runners and some extras. If we run out of shirts for late registrants a shirt will be mailed to you within 2 weeks.
Snacks & Treats:
After the race you will be treated to oysters, the usual race food (bagels and fruit) and a beer from the beer garden. Local cider tasting will also be offered.
Special Events planned for Race Day:
- Music at the Amphitheatre
- Prizes for Tops in Category
- Awards Ceremony
- Beer Garden/Wine Tasting
- Other Local Specialties
What to expect on Race Day, MORE INFO:
1. Everyone must register. No unregistered runners are permitted on the course due to insurance requirements
2. You can register on race day, however, preregistering is strongly encouraged so that we can have the correct number and sizes of shirts for everyone. Shirts are guaranteed to those who register before September 15, 2013. Entrants that register after that may have to have their shirts mailed to them. Also, there is usually a long lineup for those registering on race day, so arrive early.
1. Water stations every 1.5 miles.
2. Porta-John at about mile 4.
3. The courses are marked with color coded directional arrows for the three races – Yellow for 1/2 Marathon, Blue for 10K and White for 5K (same color as bibs).
4. Discard box for shirts at about mile 2.
5. 3 first aid teams on course.
Start/Finish at Worthington Park
1. Enclosure for entrants.
a. Post-race Snacks – fruit/bagels/refreshments
b. Each entrant will receive 2 oysters and one glass of a local microbrew (if old enough)
c. Continually staffed Security station for runners to check valuables and lost/found
2. Announcer will keep audience posted on race/ runner progress
3. Food service and hot drinks on site
5. Pre-registered entrant packet pickup open at 7 am on Race day
6. Race day registration opens at 7 am.
7. Early pre-registered packet pickup Friday 4-6 pm
8. All 3 races start at 9 am. Timing is electronic and begins for each runner when they cross the start line strip.
9. Awards ceremony at 12 noon at the amphitheater
10. Race courses close at 1 pm or as soon as the last entrant crosses the finish line, whichever occurs first.
11. Staffed first aid station